Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ena - February 5th, 2012

Oof, well, there was a long stretch of no posting. I'll try to sum up where we've been.

We've been weaning you off "needing" mommy or daddy to help you as you potty. You know, literally, wiping your arse. You can do it all yourself, but you don't like to, and when I make you do it...it literally took you FORTY FIVE minutes everytime. omg, I was about to shoot myself. And we need you to be able to do everything by yourself because when Adessa shows up, if she's nursing, sorry, lady...you're on your own when it comes to pottying.

It was cause for some mommy/Ena strife. I tried everything I could think of to get you motivated (stickers, time-outs, fuzzies...) and like the true daughter of mine that you are, nothing worked...except m&ms. This works surprisingly well, and gets you in and out in about five minutes. Mommy can breathe again! Wooohooo! There was one night where you had gone to the potty, were FINALLY down (this was pre-m&ms) and called me back in to tell me you needed to potty again. I did everything for you and was reaaaally crabby doing it, finally I plopped you down in your crib and walked out the door.

About 5 minutes later, I was sitting there feeling awful and not wanting you to go to sleep having been crabbed at by the crabbiest of all crabs and I went back in, pulled you up (from where you were almost sleeping anyways) and snuggled you and apologized, and you actually apologized too and we forgave each other and gave our hearts to Jesus to clean up and then you told me about your day for another 20 minutes. I love you midget.

No comments:

Post a Comment