Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ena - January 18th, 2012

Short post because I don't want to break the string for too long...otherwise it's too easy to slip back into not updating.

Goofy stuff you've said: We went to a gas station on the way to nana's, gas light already on and pulled into a station that was completely out of gas. Your dad was frustrated, and you said very self-assuredly, "It's okay, Dad. We'll find you another gas place that has gas. Don't worry." And then you sat back in your car seat, very satisfied that you had fixed it.

You also have been climbing into my downstairs closet as I switch the laundry to be "an astronaut in space." Today you tried to convince me to let you take your nap down there because it's "very comfortable."

I was crabby as all get out at you yesterday, because I got a call from my OB saying that Adessa isn't growing the way that she's supposed to and they want to double check a lot of things. Which means, I have to go for another ultrasound and while it's possible that it's absolutely nothing (and most likely that they are off on my due date, which I wouldn't be surprised about)...but that it could be a something. I apologized at the end of the day, and you told me that you forgave me and we snuggled it out.

What's weird is I don't feel that much about it, but I am able to be ragingly pissed (mostly internal and restrained) on a dime right now. So, I'm burying something somewhere...I just can't quite access it. Lots of music and worship time today helped surface some of it and we had a good silly day together. I think you can sense something's up...you had your first accident in quite literally, months, and didn't want to do anything by yourself the whole day. You're also pushing on all of the boundaries while mommy's defenses are weak, which yesterday I didn't handle so well, but today I took it more in stride.

Weird how when things go wrong...it all happens at the same time. Your baby monitor broke, our car is out of alignment and not drivable, the furnace has been giving us troubles off and on and right now decided to poop out again..., and my phone did this weird update and now can only connect in roam or it drops calls. And the doctor bills. Frustrating, tiring....expensive.

I love you sweetheart. Your eyes are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Big giant blue-gray eyes blinking at me with these long feathery lashes. I love that you're my little buddy during the day, and I miss you when you sleep. (Even though sometimes I can't wait until you're sleeping...parenting is exhausting, don't get me wrong.) But then I miss you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment