Saturday, January 14, 2012

Adessa - January 14th, 2012

Look at you, little lady! Not even out in the world and you already have a blog about you.

We had our ultrasound the other day and found out that you were a girl. I think I was almost a little shellshocked because I was sure you were going to be a boy!...apparently, I have no radar for this sort of thing. Fine with me! I'm happy that you're a girl!!

You're currently measuring a little small which I wish I didn't know because it just makes me nervous. (Especially because Ena was so huge, so I keep expecting that you're going to be a moose too. And then I get worried that i"m doing something wrong.) My gut feeling is that they have my due date wrong and you'll be born a little later than they're thinking. Due dates are such jokes anyways, but they want everything to neatly line up under their "standards." Argh, medical births drive me a little crazy, but I'm not quite brave enough to do a home birth...I think.

You kick and move a bunch, but definitely have times where you're sleepy and still. You're currently breech, so if you wouldn't mind turning around that'd be fabulous, by the way :) You tend to elbow me to the right of my belly button and stretch your feet out against my left hip, which just feels weird.

Putting some stuff in place to get ready for you...I hope we move by the time you've arrived, but I think I'd be pleasantly surprised if that actually happens. I'm still not sure what we're going to do about space and such or trying to show the house after we've had to bring back all the baby stuff...I'm trying not to think about all that at the minute. I can't wait to meet you and show you our world...we have lots of cats for you to pet and a fabulous older sister that is going to love you to little pieces.

I love you baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment