Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ena - Sept 9th, 2012

Hi Ena-girl!

You started preschool!

You also got us all sick with a germ you picked up from preschool, but that's okay.  Kinda normal from what I hear.  You've been running around, yelling at your body that "I'm gonna beat you germs!  I'm gonna beat you with this soup!  Go away!"

You're a positive thinker.

Also, you have watched more TV than...man, enough to make me feel like a bad mom.  I mean, we've done other stuff.  Painted, made snake families on the floor with painters tape (i.e. lines of tape that we draw faces on...you LOVE this.), we made soup together today.  But, still, you've watched a crap ton of TV while being sick.  I'm okay with this.

Preschool is so weird for me.  I mean, it's GREAT for you.  You get to make friends, and see them consistently, you have sweet teachers, you're very stimulated...it's awesome!  But it's weird for me!  Because I don't get to see you for a large chunk of the day.

And you know what?  You can't even tell me about what happened?  I ask, and you're like...I don't...Mom, I don't know what I did today.  Like this great period of time elapsed and you are literally at a loss to explain what might have filled it.

I can see where moms get super "interrogate-y."  Well, did you have a snack?  What kind of snack?  Were your friends nice?  Did anyone hit you?  Do you like your teachers? What did you play with?  and on and on and on.

I try really hard not to do this, because it feels weird and pressured, and you tell me things that you remember or if something's bothering you you've generally started telling me if I just let you be.  But dear God woman, you need to learn to volunteer some information.

Love you so much, peanut.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment